20091121

Self analysis

Hi!

How y'all doing?

I'm pretty good too, thanks for asking.

Today, kids, we're gonna talk about self analysis; not self disclosure, an idea that just popped into my head :p

A colleague at work is very fond of analysis and we've thoroughly discoursed about its merits and advantages. In this post, I will try to establish the notion of self analysis, as that concept has been perceived by me.

In order for one to analyze itself, one should be sufficiently qualified for practising clinical psychotherapy, or even vaguely familiar (that's me) with the concepts of psychology and psychotherapy. One should have read his share of Yalom and Lacan.

After the above requirement has been met, the therapist-patient hybrid should successfully detach the 2 aspects of itself, in order to establish a fictional dialog session. The therapist self should be agnostic of the patient self in order for the maximum objectivity to be achieved.

Enough with my incomprehensible mumbo jumbo.

Ta ta, 
elias a.k.a. diluted

No comments: