I created a mips virtual machine using these instructions. What I exactly did was:
- Since I've got a debian, I didn't compile the qemu, but I just "sudo apt-get install"ed it
- Created a hard disk using "
- Then I downloaded the images initrd.gz and vmlinux-2.6.26-2-4kc-malta from http://ftp.de.debian.org/
debian/dists/lenny/main/ installer-mips/current/images/ malta/netboot
- After that, I ran " ", in order to install debian
- Then, after the installation was completed, I booted into the system using " ", installed a few additional packages (e.g. "apt-get install gcc g++ bison gettext")
- The machine can access the network, but only through TCP, Thus, SMB and TCP-NFS remote mounts are only available.
- The instructions provide a way for full network access, but I don't need it.
elias a.k.a. diluted