20091113

failing to install a phone

Hi!

How do you do? I could be better actually :p Today, one of my best friends called me for help with his new phone connection in his new house. I consider that I have a certain aptitude towards electronics, so I gladly accepted his invitation.

I expected the usual stuff that I deal with in similar situations.. That is: A functional connection to the telephone network at the outdoor station where the line to the house should be connected. In the house, things should be simpler, with a small call center to manage the phones and a router, coupled with some switches and access points to manage the network.

But not at all.. Indeed there was a (working) connection with the telephone network at the outdoor unit, but there were, like, a million telephone wires in the indoor unit without even a remote indication that would denote which of these is connected to the outer world. After countless combinations, we failed to locate the correct line, so we decided to call a technician (as I, the worthless bloke, failed miserably). If the technician does his job well and the telephones start working, I'll go and fix the net (and also fail at that task too :p)

Ta ta,
elias a.k.a. diluted

No comments: